This grilled salmon is the perfect addition to any summer barbecue. The flavors of lemon juice and brown sugar are complemented by the smokiness of a charcoal grill. The result is a moist salmon that bursts with flavor.
Pair this simple salmon dish with fresh salad or grilled vegetables such as zucchini or summer squash for an unforgettable and light meal!
- 4 (1/2lb) salmon steaks, 1-inch thick.
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and fresh lemon slices for garnish
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Sprig of parsley if desired, for garnish
- Prepare charcoal grill
- In a small bowl combine sugar, lemon juice, butter, and minced garlic.
- In small saucepan cook butter mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved.
- Place salmon steaks on a large piece of tinfoil, brushing both sides liberally with butter sauce. Seal foil, and place salmon on the grill.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily. Serve immediately, topping with remaining butter sauce and garnishing with lemon slices and parsley if desired.