Job opening: PVIL General Manager
Bring your passion and skills to the heart of the Bristol Bay Region.
Paug-Vik Inc., Ltd., located in Naknek, Alaska is looking for their next General Manager.
Are you a leader and a visionary?
Do you love commercial real estate management and supervising native lands?
Are you able to effectively communicate with a diverse and inclusive group of employees, consultants, local and regional groups?
Does budgeting and financial management get you excited?
Do you have experience with HR Management and Administrative Management?
The general manager will be responsible for managing the affairs of Paug-Vik Inc., Ltd. in accordance with objectives and policies as established by the Board of Directors. The primary functions of this position will be to: Develop and implement leases for Paug-Vik’s rental units and commercial properties, manage all aspects of gravel sales, supervise native lands and 99 year shareholder leases, develop and execute budgets consistent with good management practices, establish consistent communication and good relationships between Paug-vik and government agencies, keep the board informed and act on any board directives.
The right candidate will have the skills to support all organizational activities required to represent Paug-vik in a professional manner. S/he should possess full knowledge of management practices, sales and marketing principles, and strong background in ANCSA and Native Corporation organizational structure. The general manager reports to the Board of Directors, directs all staff, and works with consultants as required. They will also confer with attorneys, auditors, land planners and other professionals to obtain advice for directing Paug-Vik. Other duties include active participation in local and regional groups which will promote the needs of Paug-Vik.
As a team leader the manager should have great communication skills, be a thoughtful decision maker, and resolve conflict in a constructive manner. Oversight of Paug-vik employees requires a positive, collaborative approach that builds the capacities of the staff and provides consistent direction for the good of the corporation. Finally, it is essential that the manager communicates with and advises the Board of Directors and shareholders of future ideas, goals, policies and responsibilities associated with the major activities of Paug-Vik.
- Up to five years of experience in business management, planning and financial oversight.
- Up to Five years of experience in personnel management, including hiring, supervision, evaluation and benefits administration.
- Three years of experience working with a board of directors and committees within a shareholder situation.
- College graduate or equivalent experience; with proven skills in business and financial management.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive organization; ability to work with shareholders, board of directors, owners, tenants. With excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise a staff/team with effective problem – solving and mediation skills. The ability to share skills and knowledge with others. Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations.
- Proficiency with office computer equipment and software; Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office setting.
Duties: Planning & Administration
- Provide leadership and vision to the organization by assisting the Board and staff with the development of long range and annual plans, and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on plans. Which includes the day to day operation and long term operational cost estimates and capital needs of Paug-Vik.
- Oversee preparation of an Annual Report summarizing progress; research and write documentation, board meeting minutes and agendas. Analyze monthly and annual financial documents and proposals as needed to assist the organization in determining and meeting its long and short term goals and operating costs. Plans and develops the design for any new facilities and improvements in the system.
- Able to supervise the financial, legal, and operational affairs of the organization. All the head of the department report to the General Manager, and the General Manager reports to the vice president or president of the company and/or Board of Directors.
- Ability to do Grant writing as needed.
- Recruitment and contracting of company and project staff; Interviews, selects, appoints, promotes, evaluates and terminates employment of all members of the staff. Develops qualifications, standards and operational policies for all employees. Promotes and develops good personnel relationships throughout the organization.
- Employee development and training; Employee relations, performance management and improvement systems
- Delegates appropriate responsibilities and authorities to respective employees and makes certain that they are understood.
- Authorizes all expenditures under his/her supervision
- Provide recommendations regarding investments and cash strategies. Review financial forecasts. Audits Paug-Vik’s performance to determine the necessary action to meet budget requirements and time schedules.
- Oversee preparation of Annual budget, regular variance statements and annual audit.
- Provide vision regarding overall financial health of the company which shall include the leadership in long – range fiscal planning to ensure the continuity and solvency of the company.
- Provide recommendations regarding effective utilization of long and short term debt, including refinancing and purchasing/sales and fundraising efforts.
- Ensure client and vendor file integrity (documents, analytical information where required, communication notations, etc.).
- Maintain general oversight and insure accuracy of records including A/R, A/P, Inventory, etc.
- Assist in development of forms and tools to increase company efficiency and risk management.
- Authorizes all expenditures associated with Paug-Vik and its other daily financial aspects.
- Must keep all Paug-Vik Inc., Ltd. business confidential.
This position description is meant to be a representative summary of major responsibilities and duties performed by whoever is hired to this position. The person filling this position may be required to perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Pvil General Manager Position Job Ad: Salary $60,000 to $80,000 Doe
Email resume/cover letter to Carolynn Jerome: email@example.com , Toll free number to call: 888.900.4872 or local Anchorage number (907) 276-4769.